Monday, July 26, 2004

Transform and Roll Out!
 
Well, for all the ignorant people, Dreamworks have confirmed they have accquired the rights to produce the Transformers live-action movie. Steven Spielberg will executive produce, Tom DeSanto of X-Men will direct. So far that's all the news we have, apart they will have a core cast of 7 on each side, and they will try (emphasis) to keep the original elements of the mythos. They began work immediately, slated for a summer 2006 release.
Personally, I'm super excited, as it the movie was specualted online for some time but it died down, I thought the project got cancelled, apparently not, thanks goodness. Now I hope they produce a decent movie that will gurantee sequels, but just try not change it totally until it loses the Transformers feel. Megatron cna be a tank, Soundwave a mp3 player or what not, just seeing them on the big screen would be good enough for me.
Still, I wish I could see the dinobots take on Devastator, I guess that would be for the sequels.
My choice for the core 7 would be Auotbots: Optimus Prime, Prowl, Jazz, Sideswipe, Ratchet, Ironhide, Bumblebee. Decepticons: Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave with Rumble Ravage Laserbeak, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Blitzwing, Astrotrain I guess.
Just realised that there are way more autobots than decepticons. Wonder why Prime just ordered a direct assault and won the war by season 1. Then later Decepticons had like 6 combiners to 3 autobot, and thus should have wiped the floor with them.
And yes the Decepticons had one of the coolest guys on their side, Sixshot the six-changer, took out the aerialbots with ease in Rebirth.
In any case, can't wait for the robots in disguise to hit the big screen!

No comments: