Friday, October 15, 2004

Curtain call

This is the end,
there is no more.

And so another chapter of my life closes.
I didn't cry, nothing in me choked up, nothing really to indicate that the feeling of severing all ties with a place which I called school for the last 2 years. It was more of a confused feeling, not the warm fuzzy feeling as john described, more like that feeling mixed with the relief in knowing it's all over, plus a sudden realisation that 2 years have just zipped past so quickly. Throw in a feeling of introspection as I think back over the 2 years you've got a very confused zhao yang.
It seems just like yesterday when I got that phone call from sally welcoming me to RJC and telling me she was my OGL. I can remember how lost I felt on the first day, how I fretted over stuff really insignificant now. And then things accerlerated at a mad pace, at one point I felt so overwhelmed that I didn't want to go to school at all.
But at the end of it, I think when I look back on these 2 years, I'll have enough happy memories to get me by. JC sure taught me a lot of things in the short 2 years, helped me to be a better person.
I just like to thank all those people I got to know in RJC, my classmates, people in fencing, faction, outlook, assorted ex-RI mates, 22nd o team, my J1 OG Qaeas, and my J2 OG Apsytus and the teachers. And most of all, the Guys, for managing to stick together despite being different classes and pursuing different goals. Cheers to all the new and old friendships.
I guess the occasion got to me somewhat. At times I really wanted this day to come, but now that it has, I wish I could go back and do some things differently. Like not betraying Jimmy in the 2nd week of school, saying things I shouldn't, playing the fool instead of doing things right. All that said and done, I'll cherish every experience, every nugget of wisdom gathered.
Next stop, university or the army. It just hit me that after prom, I'll really never see some people ever again. We'll go our seperate ways, even the Guys would have to split up.
Maybe for all those who knew me, in the future, just remember me as the irreverent idiot, and allow yourself a nice chuckle.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds, along with the good, may I be judged accordingly. The rest .... is silence."

No comments: