Saturday, October 02, 2004

Life is waiting

Today was fun. Nice lunch, nice movie, nice issue of transformers, overall nice day.
The terminal is a good movie, thanks to edwin for recommending it. It did capture the human element of the show well, with many a hilarious moments thrown in for measure. I now realise that an airport is a mini city in itself, and the movie put faces on the normally faceless and nameless aiport staff, letting me realise they're just like you and me, normal human beings, with their own lives, desires and dreams.
I find it ironic that i ate sushi for lunch and dinner. Must be one of those days where everything becomes conincidental, like during campfire with the 72 bian hat trick. Dropped one whole packet of california rolls on the floor, one even rolled almost under the piano, had to finish the whole packet myself as "punishment" haha. Even drank quite a lot white wine as well, as it was a sweeter wine and I was feeling a bit reckless thanks to the nice day. Even my sis was nice enough to get me some ice-cream after dinner, even though she had the ulterior motive of wanting to use the whipped cream bottle and chocolate syrup, so much so it was so sweet that i just ate the ice cream and rejected the whipped cream, much to her chagrin.
Friday was my first meeting for quite a long time, and well, it was fun at times, settled quite a number of stuff, shuwei came up with SIGH! sign to GL anyone who talked out of point (i got it like 3? times), only person not to get it was brandon. Had coffee break courtesy of brandon, who only woke up at 2 when jun seng called him . Jolly. The meeting ended quite early at 9, (we expected to be able to get a mid-morning snack at 5 am) we went to J8's cafe cartel and ate dinner. Had a very stale fish and chips for dinner, with free flow of ice water and big hunk of bread to go along with it. The guys laughed at me cutting it up, they rather tear it apart with their hands. Ate till 2230, then don bought a very aptly named shandy called DNA. Took a small swig at it, tasted like sprite mixed with beer, with carbon dioxide bubbles in it. Headed home feeling a tad heady at one point.
Hmm, just realised I'm developing a very cavalier attitude to alcoholic drinks now. My mum must be fearing for the contents in her 5 well-stocked wine cellars.
I guess, the real meaning of "everything but the girl" was evident in the terminal, where the hero doesn't get the girl. Reality? Maybe. But not on my watch.
At the station, before I left for home, I heard the disabled musician sing a very heart rendering version of "leaving on a jetplane". The style i liked most songs sung, chock full of emotion and totally from the heart. They don't do that much nowadays. Having said that, english radio is saturated with rap and punk rock that my mum hankers for the periods when soft love ballads ruled the airwaves, and I do agree with her. Watching singapore idol she started singing along with most of the songs from yesteryear.
Next week will be a tough week. Hope I get the results I deserve. Final lap people, this break has been good, but it's back to business.

No comments: