Friday, October 15, 2004

Down

Went through today feeling very lousy. No motivation to study, got scolded by my CT, friends falling ill etc. A day to forget.
A week to bio prac. Like my teacher said, the A's will be over before you know it, but whether I'll be finished when they're done is another thing. I don't want to live in blinded bliss for 3 months then live in denial for the rest of my life.
Was sec 4 better? I don't know, memory's too foggy.
A classmate asked me the other day, if I could get any car in the world, what would it be? I told her that it'll have to be a red lambogrini, and I'll put a large Autobot insignia on it and call it Sideswipe. She laughed and said it wasn't really me, which I agreed.
In reality, I would rather have a nice gray volvo. I would rather be a strong dependable person, one that people can count on, albeit boring and unadventurous. Something like my dad. I always described him as a volvo, which he is to our family. I guess my desire to want a volvo stemmed from his influence.
I guess, to take the analogy further, there are many people who are volvos, and there are many others who are also swanky sports cars. The sports cars are nice to look at, they get all the initial attention, but there will always be people who prefer the steadiness of the volvo to the speed of a sports car. Or maybe they decide that speed is not their style and prefer steadiness.
No matter how much attention a sports car gets, I would rather stick to being a volvo. I would make a very bad sports car.

No comments: