Friday, June 01, 2007

That was the day that was

Spent the eve of Vesak day burning up, literally. I took 3 ice cold baths to cool down, and it still wasn't enough. The heat wrapped itself around me like a blanket. Thankfully, as I write this 2 showers have came and left and reduced the temperature a fair bit, otherwise it'll be yet another muggy night in my room again.
Met the fencers on the same night, with the intention of going to east coast park to roller blade. Well, you know what they say about best laid plans. In the end we went to the hawker centre and ate dinner. Yangqi and I went looking for satay as we both already had our dinners and just wanted a small snack, but there were so many vendors calling "Brother! You want satay?", in the end we just settled with the vendor who seemed to have the best business. The satay took very long to come as well.
A quick check with the skating shop came up with the fact that they were closed, so amid curses by adrian, we headed back to his house and played mahjong. Somehow 1 round lasted 5 hours, due to our my ponderous playing, and we didn't even finish the game, as YY had to leave. Won a bit, and adrian was a bit bemused that as he constantly was donating money to other people.
Went to sleep at about 4 plus, then took 14 back. Almost missed my stop as I slept on the bus, dragged myself home and slept till the afternoon. It was during this time I had my weird dream as described in the previous entry.
Vesak day afternoon, went to play tennis with my Japanese class classmates at the condo of one of the classmates'. Am more of a badminton person anyway, thus was missing many shots or hurting my wrist by doing too many badminton antics.
Had dinner at parkway, then went to another classmate's house to sing free K. She had a very nice furnished karaoke room with many K cds. Sang till 10 plus ( I didn't sing of cos), before leaving.
Had another bizarre dream last night, but can't really remember it as well as the previous one. I can vaguely remember it involved me as a pilot of some WWII era fighter jet along with my sec school chinese teacher.
Was trying to search for some insight with regards to the events of the last few days, but there seems to be little. So I'll guess I'll leave it for another day then.
Thought of the day. I wonder how the people in my future university would mangle the pronunciation of my name..

No comments: