Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Together

While walking along the somewhat deserted stretch of beach in Sentosa, where the only thing that were of note were some intrepid couples we disturbed and the pleasing night sea scenery, my friend, who fancies herself as a future wedding planner, asked me what kind of wedding would I like.
I couldn't give her an answer immediately, as frankly, I have never thought about it in my life. I didn't give a straight answer, so after contemplating for a while, I told her this.
I told her that, as long as my family and my future wife is happy, I'm fine with any type of wedding. It is my (wrong?) belief that almost every girl would have imagined what kind of wedding they want, and I would indulge her (after all a wedding should ideally be once in a lifetime only) but a reasonable point. Plus it is only filial to have a wedding dinner with many tables as it is Chinese tradition to do so to announce to that you're getting married.
So as long as I don't violently object to anything, (no purple suits) I'm quite happy to let her plan everything if she wants to. I reckon as long as she is happy, and may family is happy as well, I'll be happy with it too.
Wondered if I'm too naive in thinking like that though.

No comments: