Sunday, April 20, 2003

Big Yellow Taxi by Counting Crows feat. Vanessa Carlton

Dunno why, but rather obessed with the above song...i thought that the lyrics were damm retro, and found out why as my mum told me it was an old song. In any case, i really love it, it is on par with the Wallflowers' One Headlight in terms of lyrics, although the latter had more meaningful and cryptic lyrics, while the former is more of a light-hearted, nonsensical manner. But if you look closer, it does tell me some things about how life is, like "they paved paradise and put up a parking lot".

Sighz, a good friend of mine will be losing someone dear to him this week. Here's something for him.

Time To Go

Leaving is a wretch,
No use sitting there, crying on that same old bench.
It all went by in such a flurry,
Now, sadly, we have reached the end of our story.

Nothing stalls the hands of time,
For the last time together we hear the church bells chime.
I knew it was coming a long time ago,
And also knew I wouldn’t be able to let go.

Aye, I had four months, short, sweet they were,
Everyday could have been a blur.
But you were there always,
Brighter than the Sun’s rays.

Our time together was always a ticking timebomb,
Eventually you’ll leave this place where we belonged.
Did you have illusions of neverending happiness?
I know I did, now it’s all sadness.

Now I stand here, next to the departure hall,
Hearing my teardrops slowly fall.
Because a big mechanical bird had taken her away,
All I could do is to sit and pray.

Ng Zhao Yang
20/4/2003 8.25 p.m.

To a good friend of mine. Take it easy.

No comments: