Thursday, October 30, 2003

The end of an era

Sighz. My disrespect for our dear education ministry deepens. They have managed to get rid of the best economics teacher in RJC. Although I only attended only 2 of his lectures, I feel like I lost a great deal. All the years fighting the red tape and bureacracy has taken its toll on him, and now he is calling it a day, maybe for good.
I only feel immense sadness, then anger. I guess it is mainly motivated by the fact that we lost a very good lecturer, but it is a summation of my feelings against the faceless ministry that governs our education. Before this turns into a rant against the education system, I better rein my self in.
I give Mr Reeves my regards. He has taught for 14 years, and deserves his reputation. And I admire his conviction. Many people want to leave but never do so as they do not have the conviction to give it all up, but he stuck to his guns and called it a day when he wanted.
Sighz. The best "epitaph" i can give him, is simply, if I knew these were his last 2 lectures, I wouldn't have attended them, so I would never know what I would miss.
Some teachers really rile me up, some teachers leave a lasting impression on me. You only meet a few of those, and you fope you meet more of them. I know I met one.

No comments: