Sunday, February 08, 2004

Melodies of Life

Yesterday was our 01 70th years anniversary group reunion. It's great to be back in RI, the last time I was there was dec last year. 01 was my life for 4 years, and the initial period with no active 01 involvement was a bit weird for me.
Went around, talking cock to some of my juniors, meeting up with the seniors, and especially my shifu ben lee, who was being himself as usual. We had a tug-of-war competition, which I took part, and we caused the python to break, most probably due to some cunning machination of hawk.
Anyways, the real fun was when we had dinner together, as a batch, more or less complete, for the first time for a long long time. Those memories were replayed in front of us by the photojourney screensaver, which showed pictures that I tooked during my sec 3 year, and reminded us of all the fun we had over the years. Then, as usual we took batch photos, (LaU you better send us!) talked cock and sang for the campfire again.
01 is just wonderful. No words come close to the sheer greatness of 01, nothing can replace all those memories we all shared, each camp brings a tear or guffaw, each activity was fun and lessons mixed together, and slowly, we were moulded into who we are now.
I remember Audry telling me that she was very impressed with us scouts in O team, she said that our training seems like a cult to her, the way we live our lives by the 01 way. Well, that is what make us all so special.
70 years reunion is gone now. Looking forward to being 28, and the 80th anniversary.

No comments: