Sunday, February 22, 2004

The sting in the tail

Things seem to be going well for me.
Thursday was dramafeste, cps' parody of PW held me for a while, until it sort of lost its focus and it skimmed only the tip of the subject matter, which is rather a pity. And steff was telling me lindy was pushing her head for real. Ouch. Arts, as usual, was pure entertainment, using the kill bill song at the end was a bit off in my opinion, but again, it was just that, people prancing around with cutting punchlines heard frequently on american sitcoms, but no central theme, or at least whatever semblance of it was lost in raucous laughter. Engine, like winston was a cheesecake, but i differ from the conventional description, as it was hard to get through from the start. The accents were grating, the 15 blackouts hurting my retina, and the nagging feeling at the back of my mind that I have seen it before and better. Med, like crystal said, was playing it safe. I just that can be a form of criticism, but i believe we shouldn't get all self important and forget the target audience. I thought smirti acted damm well, I don't want her to be my mother, but the idea of 4 seperate stories connected by another character was done before by someone somewhere, and i felt it caused the play to be disjointed. And the idea that some of the stories were not resolved satisfactorily could have unsettled others, but I was fine with it.
And yes, tardy J1s piss me off to no end, shall not elaborate, but RJ people should learn some EQ to go along with the abundance of IQ.
And yah, friday was all about white slips and high pants. Shall not elaborate further as well, in fear of being found out and punished.
Saturday was a real busy day, went for training, fenced a bit, got "caned" by kenneth, then went home for lunch of roast duck and mud crab. Then, after a quick bath and packing a set of extra clothes, I sent off for clementi again, taking 7 which took 10 mins to arrive, then 40 mins to reach clementi sports hall, thanks to a traffic jam. I arrived there 45 mins after reporting time, and they still haven't started. As usual.
I think the girls were quite tired already, when I got there they were saying that they wanted to go home immediately, and I asked if 1 of them could switch souls for 1 day so I can fence and win because women's foil is so much easier to win then in men's... When steff fenced dione and lost she walked away from the piste smiling as she had another loss under her belt and she was closer to going home while dione was giving a very tired look. I commented that if anyone did not watch the bout and only saw them walking away they would think steff won and dione lost. Amanda ended up fencing ruth, after that bout i left with steff's blade in hand to my OG BBQ.
On the train there met LaU and daniel chiang, who has grown way much more mature already. No more the "lovable idiot", he seems to have lost that irrationality which caused a great amount of entertainment and exasperation for us in sec 4.
Finally reached kitson's house, yang qian tried to get me to open a shaken champagne bottle, the guys dunked yi ming, talked cock with all of them, and finally recieved a ring from there. At that point, I was really touched, lost for words, I couldn;t even give any clever comment. Was envious of julie and yihan who also got rings as gifts from their OG, and well, at least I've done something right for them to treat me this nicely. Hey Apsytus, if you guys are reading this, I must be the most laissie-faire OGL, but it is because I believe that I shouldn't be the one leading the OG, you guys should, as I'm just a facilitator, a person to help you on your feet, not walk the road for you. But, thanks a million, I enjoyed myself as much as I hope all of you did, and I'm proud and privileged to call all of you my friends.
Sunday was competition, went in not expecting much, just for me to try my best. And I think in the end I didn't do myself a disservice, winning 2 out of 5 in the pool, before going down 15-5 to a SJI left hander who charges, a rarity. All the RJC guys improved this time, about 8 of us reached 2nd round and beyond, joshua and adrian held their own against stronger opponents. Came home quite wasted, mucked around before dinner, then watched axess 8-10, before receiving news from nick that his CT mr ho died in an accident.
To everyone who knew him, my condolences. Nick was clearly upset, even through msn I could tell.
This put everything back in prespective. I believe that there is no avoiding death, if your time is up, it's up, no arguing, like what mum says. That's why we should appreciate all we have now, our family, friends, teachers etc. I know it sounds cliched, but I for one don't want to regret.
Live life to the fullest.

No comments: