Saturday, February 28, 2004

Seeing things my way

Judging from the inactivity on my tagboard, I can sort of infer that very few people actually visit this place, so i can don't bother with putting up a hit counter, and also reduces the chances of an over-zealous teacher "accidentally" stumbling upon this place and haul my ass to be reformed due to my anti-(insert social norm) views.
Sheesh, the week was marred with incidences that failed to convince me that my views are wrong. I'm starting to think I shouldn't rock the boat too much, just live my life out as a student, get the 4As and 1 distinction, as they say, the nail that stands out gets nailed down. And adults wonder why we "youngsters" always say sorry even if we don't mean it, it saves you the hassle of listening to pep talk after pep talk. A great skill to learn, to say sorry to adults when you don't feel a single bit of remorse and instead indignation rage madly in your heart, yet still you give a face of total regret in order to satisfy the adult. Saying sorry even though you don't mean it and not showing that, is really a skill we all should have.
Been feeling tired over the week, still not sleeping early enough, and with homework and tests piling up it is really frustrating and I'm struggling to keep a cool head inspite of all the stress. Music does help, MayDay's shi guang ji is great, the upbeat tunes keep me up.
I am still upset with the things that happen in my schools, both present and former, myabe it is just 1-sided blinded ideas, with no regard for the admin's standpoint. Let me repeat for another time. I. Don't. Care. The fact is that admins have been screwing us up since the start of time, and I want to be immature enough to think that I am forever right and you self-styled adults, with your high handed ideals of "wanting the best for our students" and "academic utopia" can shove those ideas somewhere else. I must admit, this way of thinking is highly immature, not befitting of an 18-year old on the cusp of "adulthood", but to all who think so, I'm sorry, but there is a limit to which I can tolerate.
At the end of it all, what do i feel? A great sense of underachievement. I now know it is close to impossible to change mindsets so deeply inrooted in people, no matter how hard you try or cajole. It gets frustrating at first, then it melts away to numb jadedness.
Why do I resolve to venting my frustrations online? I don't think I can tell anyone in authority who would actually listen, not destroy arguments with a quick sweep of a "that's immature thinking" statement. They don't want me to go around shattering their idea of an "academic utopia" (a term that is fast gaining notoriety, liek "wardrobe malfunction"), they want to think the students are happy. Maybe some are, but I'm not. That makes me a dissident.
Haiz. I have just wasted 15 minutes ranting and raving for absolutely nothing. If anything, I just want to declare to the world that I'm immature in thinking that the faceless admin have and maybe still is making things very difficult for us.
(To anyone in the admin of aforementioned organisations, give a jaded student a break. He needs to vent his frustrations as well, think of it as a better alternative than asking for referendums. In short, leave me alone, I am entitled to my opinions, immature they may be, and NO I don't want to change them)
So there.
I should get frustrated less. So many things in this world are great. I got my family and friends, those who stuck by me thick and thin, those who endured my many quirks, my classic moments when I shoot my mouth off without thinking.
No use getting frustrated over things I cannot change.
Common test is just 3-4 weeks away.
To all those who got back to their results, those who did great congratulations, those who didn't don't beat yourself over it, I'm sure all of you did your best. O's are done and dusted, now for the A's.
1 last random thought for the day.
I don't believe in any higher being, I believe in you

No comments: