Thursday, February 05, 2004

Still hanging on

Life is becoming rhythmic, monday has the mind-numbing exercise of looking at microscopic slides, then a deluge of lectures as the monday blues take over, tuesday ends off better but later with econs s, wednesday training causes me to drag a heavy bag home before I just collapse on bed, thursday the slew of lectures which sap my energy, but the prospect of going home earlier brightens up my day. Friday is tutorial day, where the slackers die a horrible death, and where I always have to rush the chem prac, but after that it is a release from academic prison, before saturday comes with training again, and sunday, the day of rest, degenerates to a day of school work.
I really envy the J1s. They are living that care-free life I had last year, where each day was actually fun. Now, I find myself hurrying to finish tutorials, study for tests etc. There is little time to just relax, read a book, a pleasure I really miss, or write a short story. All my energy is spent on doing schoolwork that all I want to do after that is just crash.
Also, the phone seems more silent nowadays. It used to be overloading with smses of stuff that scream for my attention, but now it doesn't. Ironically, it seems I miss the times when we were fretting over a major project. Which leads me to lament that the Guys TM are really too busy with our own lives now to meet up. Apart from the few I meet in training, I rarely meet the rest.
The times are really changing. On my way home today I saw fabian in borders, who was studying. And he told me he was working towards his 4 As. No offence to fabian, but it shows how the winds have changed and we have really become muggers.
Sighz. Enough lamenting. It's time to grow up I guess. I'm 18, old enough to booze etc. I shall post interesting things that happened today.
- sharon and boon seer got tricked by the 30th feb test. Sharon's look on her face when she turned back to ask me "you mean it is not true?" was absolutely priceless.
- 3 discmans were hard at work at the back of LT during maths lecture. KP got out his speakers and attempted to blast SY's music during maths lec.
Stay sane people. All 01 guys see you this saturday.

No comments: