Monday, August 16, 2004

Entropy of my life

Just some messed up thoughts I would like to put down here.
Last saturday went down to clementi to support deborah, went there halfway through her bout, thanks to my lack of timing and the turtle-like 7. Spent some time talking to assorted juniors, barney, eugene, yun qin and deborah as well. I also witnessed an incident, which provoked memories of myself being stupid.
Still, when I was there, things did not feel the same. I guess it is really time to let go and move forward. The place does bring back memories, nice ones indeed, but they are just that, nothing else. In the end, I left with a pensive mood. I wonder if I went there to try and salvage what's left of my happy memories, hoping that they'll be still there, but the truth is that they're gone, time to move on pal. And that's what I have done, so long and thanks for the memories.
Chelsea were dominated by Man U, no doubt about that. Although we still lost, there is a silver lining after all, and once the senior players come back watch out Premiership.
Everyone seems to be either excited by grad nite, or griping about the lousy location. I'm sorta in between, neither too enthusiatic nor whining. I guess the truth is I don't know what to expect from it. Some say it is an ultimate posing session, some say it'll be a night of fun celebration. I guess, as Mr Tan said, it's what you make it. It'll be the last time I see many of my friends, people in fencing faction outlook etc. before I go to army. Still, I'm not goign to agonise too much about what to wear etc. Besides going to pahang before it will do "wonders" to my skin (mosquito leech bites).
Another thing that bothers me was the suggestion of booking hotel rooms. Chalet I think it's fine, but hotel rooms a bit hard to swallow for me. Besides my mum will probably pick out the words "hotel room" and jump to the wrong conclusions immediately. Anyway it's a waste of money when you can go Boon Lay haha.
Don and Mog were discussing the AVP movie then I dismissively said that predators were jsut men in plastic suits. Don coolly replied that transformers were robots that changed into vehicles, which one suspends your belief more? That shut me up.
And Don is the man, he is very eloquent, persuasive and charismatic. Go and acquire the target!
Everything is going to change from now. My life will change drastically next year. It's time I bid adieu to all that I held dear before, and embrace this new chapter of my life.
But before that there is a small problem of the A's.
I am a soldier.
I fight.
That's what I do.

No comments: