Monday, August 30, 2004

Hero

Hihi, chem prac was fun haha. For starters, I wet my paper even before the prac started while washing my burette. Then it was so hot and perspired like mad. Then my hands were trembling when i was adding the last few drops to the volumetric flask. Then wanted to curse loudly when I got a blue colour when I was 100% sure it was Cr. Designs were messed up. Argh. I must say the paper was hard and well set. Kudos to the chem department. Still, argh.
On my way home, I couldn't help overhearing 2 RJ girls sitting behind me were discussing about their lives. 1 girl was saying that even in her home people judge her. Basically she went on and on about how life sucks.
Does life REALLY suck? Somehow I was reminded of the conversation I had with nick on sun about a person who always so moody and has a bleak outlook on life. I guess, to quote ms elaine wong, it all depends.
I think life sucks only if you let it. Faced with adversity, you can either tackle it straight on, accept it and move on, or moan about it and wallow in self pity. To me, the 3rd option is a non-issue. Moaning never did any good.
Of course, if life was so clear cut things would so easy. Sometimes you cannot take the 1st 2 options out. Life cannot be ceteris paribus (all else constant), the world we live in is constantly evolving.
Life doesn't suck. Life is what you make it. Life is too beautiful to suck. Sure at times things seem rough and bleak, but in the end everything will sort itself out. You still have your family, friends, people who care for you. Sure at times you can't tell if they really do, but they do.
Rewatched two towers and spiderman 1 again, just realised that they are really heroes we can look up to. Against the most unsurmountable of odds, they triumphed. Sure that's fiction, but the theme of heroism, the selflessness, courage under fire, bravery and valour is still very relevant in this day and time. For real life heroes we can look at olympic athletes, firemen, people who stick to their beliefs no matter what, nurses doctors policemen etc.
"There's good in this world worth fighting for." Heroes inspire us, makes us believe in ourselves, makes the impossible seem possible.
Who's your hero? Maybe if you know that your hero has made it through worse times, you won't think life sucks that much. They probably thought that their lives sucked as well, but they didn't give in. We lesser mortals shouldn't as well.
The least I can do is try my best.
For honour.
For glory.
For 01.
For myself.

No comments: