Friday, August 20, 2004

On the wings of love

I just realised that this must be one of the very few times I used the L word in my posts.
I think I should start scaling down my computer usage. Or at least leave it till the end of the day. The cyberworld that has been an integral part of my life is going to take a backseat soon.
Just a few random thoughts.
Ronaldo is back! Now to give many a full back twisted blood. And things have started to look better on the injury front for Man U. Norwich watch out.
Also, forgot all about my testimonial for Nicky Butt. Another of the class of 92 has left, and in rather sad circumstances. In the end he could not command a place in the crowded central midfield. Not the way he wanted to leave i guess. Still, he was the fetcher and gatherer, the midfield destroyer that never hit any headlines, but crucial to Man United's cause in any case. I'll remember his header in the 3-2 match against Leeds which nigel martyn saved but had to be subsituted, and then he went on to score the winner when he swivelled on the ball and blasted it past robinson. I'll remember groaning everytime he tries to shoot from long range ala paul scholes, either he balloons it badly or rips the net apart. So long Butt, and thanks for the memories. May you play well for newcastle, but not that well.
Singapore Idol is a disgrace. I cringe to think that those 30 people are the best Singapore can offer. So much for a value-added workforce. No one particularly stands out, and I think I'm giving up. No more jokers to laugh at equals not much entertainment worth. And yes, I watch SI so I'm no snob.
Just watched catch me if you can on HBO again. I remember the last time I watched it was on valentine's day after palawan last year, with nick and mog i think. I remember commenting it was damm sad that on valentine's day 3 guys are watching a movie together. Also, after that we went to buy stuff for campfire invites. Murugan was complaining all the way about how we were making use of his sister's artistic talents.
Yeah, it seems like just last week. I could be typing this on a friday, typing about how crazy things are in RJ for the first 3 months, before turning in to get ready for a scout activity on sat. Then on Sun I'll be rushing some tutorial or going out to have some fun.
Oh well, just a bit pensive I guess. If I were list all the stupid things I did in the first 3 months it'll invoke a few chuckles.
Rambling on. I have nothing really worth saying. I guess this place will quieter from now on.
And please, for the love of humanity, DO NOT rig the vote for the prom king and queen. It is just too disgusting to think about.

No comments: