Wednesday, May 30, 2007

More issues than a magazine subscription

I shall begin with the confession that I've been enjoying cold showers more and more nowadays thanks to the blasted heat that seems to settle in my room, for that matter almost everywhere on this very sunny island. It seems that as I walk outdoors on a sweltering afternoon, I'm practically walking through a wall of water vapour. Even after a shivering bath I can start sweating away again a mere 5 minutes later. For the want of some rain.
To beat the heat, I went ice skating with a few friends on saturday, for once adrian did not mess up the outing. It was fun, but as the rink got more and more like a puddle as it melted, my enthusiasm for crazy stunts waned as well, as I didn't want my jeans and gloves to get wetter than they were. During a crazy moment, the four of us lined up train like, hands on our shoulders while adrian was the last guy pushing us along. Predictably, it ended up with the 3 of us on our butts when the front guy couldn't control the speed while adrian stayed on his feet laughing at us.
Watched Pirates after that, but was thoroughly confused by the characters constantly 1) changing sides 2) backstabbing each other 3) making secret deals with each other. It got to the point I just wanted them to just all out to kill each other. And I didn't stay back after the credits, hence did not watch the extra scene. Still, it was nice fun, did not feel like it was 3 hours.
Had dinner at IMM's ajisen, with plenty of food being exchanged, as someone would not like a certain ingredient found in their ramen and would pass it on to someone else. Drove those who wanted to go to dhoby ghaut in the car, halfway they suggested to go to island creamery at serene centre, which caused me to change course and be at the mercy of yangqi's directions, which got me to a flyover instead of being able to turn to the road we wanted to go on. A scoop of ice cream, then dropped them off at dhoby ghaut before going home.
Sunday was spent fruitfully, as there was a family lunch, followed by some shopping. Dinner was later due to the heavy lunch, I took the time in between to do some stuff I was supposed to do for ages but have been too lazy to do so, and spent 3 hours after dinner revising chapter 8 to 15 of my Japanese course.
Have been spending more time at home than I wish. Not as many assignments as I would like these few days. As a result, been doing more reading and listening to music. Maroon 5's new album is really nice, very smooth and catchy. I like Avril's "When you're gone" as well, plus a few other songs here and there.
Ok words fail me as my eyelids are darn heavy, so I shall stop here. My life is a tad too boring nowadays, shall seek out newer stuff soon.
Now only if this irksome heat would dissipate...

No comments: