Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Perhaps i found the capacity to love again

Today, I got a piece of paper filled with nice stuff about me.
One of the things that was written about me was, "Though I didn't know you for a long time, I can sense and know how much love you have for the youths."
I didn't plan on staying for the whole meeting, but I'm glad I did. It reminded me on why I do what I've been doing for a while, but seemed to have lost the zest for it recently.
Although I find the word love a bit weird to use on in our jobs, but I think it's rather apt. We do need a big heart to do our jobs, to forgive the student's transgressions and to constantly want to reach out to them.
It's rather hard to explain, but for someone who can talk a lot of nonsense but would just be a mess when it comes to anything that has to do with emotions, it's just a weird feeling that makes me feel like I'm willing to go for my dreams again, to be the person I want to be. It's the same feeling akin to listening to a Corrine May song, pardon the bizarre comparison.
That capacity to love, perhaps has been exhausted and drained by a few unpleasant incidents, but I think it's back now.
To love is to be hurt and to be disappointed. But fearing hurt and disappointment shouldn't stop a person from loving. And although being loved is much easier, to love is probably more fulfilling.

"Your quiet nature doesn't hide the fact that you're a very reliable and focused person"

No comments: