Saturday, May 10, 2003

End of an era

I was supposed to comment on this a long time ago.
My OG is officially dead. Not a single living soul populates the speaker's corner in the mornings, now I just walk briskly past, trying hard not to notice the distinct emptiness of it.
In any case, when it was still the heady days of post-orientation, a nagging thought still hung on at the back of my mind. I knew that our OG could never last, to think so would be foolish and unrealistic. I did not tell anyone this lest I offend he or she, but now the deserted zaecov speaks volumes by itself.
Am I saddened? In a sense yes, in a sense no. Yes as I will not have the pleasure of interacting with my friends or acquaintances, no as I had knew this was coming all the time, and more or less prepared myself mentally for it.
Have I lost anything? Not really. I do not know many of my OG mates well, not enough for me to miss their company anyway. You cannot lose something you never had.
Like many things in life, there is a rise, there is a fall. I do cherish the fun times we had, however limited, you guys were still part of my rude awakening to JC life. Now, everyone is busy with theri own lives and dreams, it will be unfair to them if I were to insist that they hold on to something they no longer feel for, something that outlasted its usefulness.
We are after all, a group of dynamic individuals, each with our own agenda, own purpose, own motive. We were put together to travel the first few steps on the path of JC life, but then as time passes by we all shall have to part, as we have our roads to take.
Thanks to ru min, saleem, ziwei, liang zheng, nurie, christine, wei xuan, andy, kaulsheik (sp?), marie-anne, alison, ee min, kai min, gabriel, serene, siew ling, zhipeng, sally, lawrence, i have no pictures of orientation at all, but the events of it still swirl in my mind. Here's wishing all of you good luck in your endeavours.
No tears will be shed for this end of an era, just silent regret.

No comments: