Saturday, May 10, 2003

"I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here, to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world, without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world, where anything is possible. Where we go from there, is a choice I leave to you."

Indeed, it's time for the truth to be revealed.

Have any of you wondered if we really lived in the matrix? Maybe the brothers who made the Matrix are agents that produce the movies to make people watch it and go "whoa! good thing I don't live there!" and we go into a state of denial, thinking that this only happens in movies, when we were being deluded all the while?
It's some food for thought I must say. Most people only appreciate the fighting scenes in the Matrix, but not many actually appreciate the philosophy behind it.
What if? What if the "reality" we see now is just a farce?
Morpheus said something in the first movie about other people are so dependent on the matrix that they cannot be unplugged, instead they will even fight to protect the matrix. Will we react like that, fighting to protect our illusion "reality" ?
Indeed, what is "reality"? The things that happen in your life? Or like what the movie said, "what you can see, touch, taste"? How are you so sure that everything around you is "real"?
Reality can be truth, truth need not be reality. What we perceive to be the truth is merely reality in our point of view. So there can be no set reality, and that has been the characteristic of our dynamic human civilisation.

No comments: