Monday, May 19, 2003

Rush of blood to the head

I write this after reading some blogs of people I know. I don't know whether they mean it or not, but you sure see a different side of a person than the side you see in school. The stuff they post, whether they are true or not, it still makes you look at a person differently.
Sighz, I am no PR person, and reading makes me feel as though I am intruding into their lives. But still, it gives me a whole new perspective of things. My worries are mostly of homework and proposals and other irrelevant nonsense. The fact that I can actually worry about these stuff instead of worrying about where the next meal is coming, or why my parents are quarreling, is due to my parents.
I sometimes wonder how my parent's marriage survives. I asked them many times, and they said they do not know themselves. They are polar opposites in my eyes, my dad being chinese-educated and more reticient, my mum english-educated and more liberal. It is akin to the clash of civilisations, and yet they have lived together for 18 years and the worst fight I have ever seen them have was over my dad only remembering about their wedding anniversary at 7pm. And even that was just mum expressing her displeasure, no cups or anything were thrown.
But in all truthfulness, I am really glad to have such great parents. I know how lucky I am compared to those who come from broken families or those whose parents fight all the time. My parents brought me strictly, but they let go soon as I reached secondary school. They always never turned down the chance to teach me something, be it using my arts and crafts project to tell me never to give up trying, or a subtle hint when i am not doing my homework.
There is so much to say. But in a nutshell, my parents really mean a lot to me. I may not confide in them, sometimes I do take them for granted. But I will not let my parents down.
Living my life out in an unforgiving environment of RJC, where people wears masks all the time, I am indeed glad to be able to come back to a home filled with warmth.

No comments: