Thursday, November 06, 2003

Dissecting me

First of all, for the record, I am disappointed with revolutions. No doubt they ended the trilogy, but it stinks of a cop-out to the loyal fans. Oh well, life goes on.
The following entry was inspired by Quanhan, and most of the credit goes to him for helping me to articulate what I want to say.
It has come to the time of the year that I wish to evaluate myself over my actions and behaviours.
I guess this schooling year has been a tough and mindset-changing year, primarily because I was thrust into unknown territory after leaving the safe enclave of RI. I stumbled through the year at first, feeling down once in a while, but after I got into the scheme of things, I gradually found my way.
In this testing year, I think I have improved in many ways of myself.
I wish not to elaborate on them, as I feel let bygones be bygones, and everyday I am still learning to be a better person.
When this year finally comes to pass, I will look back at the night we spent at brandon’s house, trashing it upside down, having a fun time during orientation, planning RIO, palawan, SUTC “fun”, SARS coming to mess everything up, annual camp, campfire which was a real real blast (and I was one of the stars of the show), pesta sukan, then finally promos. Of course, the year hasn’t really ended, and these holidays mark one of the more interesting routes I am about to embark on.
It has been a trying year with many us as well as downs, but that’s behind me. All that concern me are the lessons learnt from them and how I can apply them to the future activities and to avoid making the same mistakes.
Overall, I’m still the comic book, transformers, anime and rockman (megaman) fanboy. I am still the scout. I am still the flamboyant but irreverent writer. I am still what essential is me.
But then, wisdom is only gained through experiences, and I have had a lot of them this year.

No comments: