Saturday, November 22, 2003

Hands clasped

Jonny Wilkinson does that all the time before he takes any penalty, and with that look of concentration, he dispatches the rugby ball effortlessly through the tall posts (most of the time anyway).
What a great day for sport. England wins the rugby world cup, with wilkinson scoring 3/4 of the points. I wonder if there is such thing as negative rugby, but nevertheless it was a great final, one of the best we would ever watch.
Another sporting success was Man Utd overcoming a plucky blackburn side 2-1. Although Man Utd took a 2-0 lead, blackburn must have thought, "since we're going to lose, might as well go at them" and they nearly got a draw. Man Utd were not at their best, but still a win is a win and I will not complain.
Bought FFX-2, just a bit of filler before FF12 comes.
Holidays have not been feeling like them, been running here to there to everywhere the past 6 days, tommorrow is a rest day before it starts all over again. I need to study for SAT, and I also still need to do some studying.
And the great plan needs to be implemented...
I'm reaching the end of my 01 life. A great sense of sadness will descend on me when I officially call an end to my scouting career. 01 has given me so much. It gave me a second chance when I got myself thrown out by swimming. It gave me great friends, the Guys TM, great memories, experiences. Interviewing the ventures, even those who didn't intend to come back had nothing but good comments about their 4 years. Sure, sometimes it was tough, and there were many a time I felt like hecking scouts, like at the end of sec 3 when job shadowing robbed me of an exco place. Yeah, but fortunately I still put my head down and went about my job, and well, I can't say I have been the best VVC, but I tried my best, I know that.
My only biggest regret is that sec 1 year in the wilderness being bitter and purposeless.
Oh well, 4 years is still invaluable.
Hell, I may be super biased here, but I still think 01 is the best CCA in RI.
But hey, 100 people can't be wrong right?

No comments: