Sunday, November 09, 2003

Narvas

Someone who knows sanskrit please help me translate that. That is the title of the song that is played during the credits of revolutions.
The revolutions soundtrack is great, on par with the reloaded soundtrack. Don Davis is a very talented composer. And I finally found the track they played during neo's fight with smith at the subway in the first movie. Neodammerung is also nice, played during the "super burly brawl" ie the mid air face-off between neo and smith.
Oh yah, and mogilan stop stealing my revolutions inspired nicks.
The movie may have been disappointing, at least to me, but the soundtrack makes up for it. By aside from these two tracks I have yet to find 1 I like as well. I liked all 8 scores from the reloaded soundtrack.
Ok, just a slight update on things.
Thursday, last day of school, mucked PW around for a while and then we were finally released to go to lido and catch revolutions. I was very anxious to get there early and get tickets, because alina said she overheard someone saying lido, cineleisure and PS all sold out. I was intending to catch a later show in that case, so I could go home first then return later.
In the end, after short 7 ride (finally convinced the class once that 7 is faster than 111) we reached lido. I held my breath and entered and saw... practically no one. So much for sold out. Most of the morning shows were rather empty, but in the end we settled for a 1245 showing and had lunch.
Oh yah winston, sing yong, sharon, esther and zhong wei took turns to use up my discman's batteries, so I didn't have a chance to listen to my own discman. Cheek keong, winston and myself went to borders to browse a bit, and winston was hovering around the self-help section for all the wrong reasons.
We returned to watch the movie. There was a mini-drama just before the movie started as esther forgot to bring her GPF along, and had to rush out to get it, much to winston's relief.
Well, you know my thoughts about the movie, so let's move on. I left them after the movie, and went home to play a bit of MZ2, trying to gain all the EX skills now. Was ruminating about the ending for sometime.
The next day, Friday, didn't start off too well. I had a dream of someone telling me that my handphone's ringtone, the RI/RJ ringtone is incomplete. I said yah that's true. However, when I finally woke up with a jolt, because I remembered that I had to be in school at 8 and it was already 820. And on my handphone was 1 missed call, and it was by mrs toh.
Again my ringtone was part of a lucid dream. It happened a lot of times with the to zanarkand ringtone as my dad used to call me to wake me up if he is sending my brothers to school in the morning. FFX inspired dreams were common during those times.
Anyways, muttered a string of curses at myself while changing, and went downstairs to call mrs toh. Surprisingly, she sounded much too cheerful and accepted my explanation, while warning me no to do it again. In any case, I went over to school to help lindy with the november issue layout. It was frustrating to work with the ancient, and hopelessly slow computers. Had to restrain myself from pounding the machines to bits (and thus starting the second Renaissance, if you catch my drift) Finally did as much as I could, then had to leave for the optician.
HAd soem lunch at ghim moh, before proceeding to chinatown station. Terence saw me in my home clothes and asked me "pa tuo ah? (going on a date?)".
Sheesh, just because I wear my home clothes doesn't mean I am going on a date. Having said that, it is probably because of the fact I hardly go out. Hmmz....
Anyway, reaching chinatown, found the optician after some difficulty, and asked him to check my spectacles for me. the left lenses has weird patches on them, like oil was smeared on them. No amount of rubbing could remove it. I was ready to choose a new frame for my glasses when the optician said,
"Ok, 2 days later collect your glasses."
"Huh? No need to change frame?"
"No need. Did you bring your spare glasses or contacts?"
Well, I think you sorta know what was the answer. In the end, I had to take the NEL line to dhoby ghaut, change to NS line, then walk hoem from orchard. With my 900 degree eyesight. Having said that, when my glasses are off, I rely less on sight and more on other senses, so it sort of compensates and I got home safely, after which my mum chided me for being reckless. Well, I retorted, I'm home in 1 piece right? She had no answer to that.
Saturday, worn school uniform to meet the guys TM at orchard for a while, before disppearing to sengkang via the NEL. Metro CIP was ok, something like stationary jobweek and the donors stand to gain more from it. All I did was repeat,
"Good morning/afternoon ma'm/sir, would you like to make a donation to help disadvantaged children in vietnam? any amount will do. If you donate you are entitled to a free christmas bear and $300 worth of vouchers which you can use i metro."
or something along those lines. I must say it was a rather interesting experience, with brenda's clock-watching, the lousy selection of food at compass point (i had to eat macs, and you know my stance on fast food/cardboard), punch cards for in and out and ling ling pressing the wrong buttons.
I can spilt the donors to 4 types. 1, the look away even though I'm talking to them type, 2, the look at me and smile apologetically and say no type, 3, the at first not so interested to donate type, but in the end after some hard sell they will donate, and 4, the very enthusiatic types who come up to you directly and donate.
To all potential donors, please fall under types 2-4, if you don't want to donate just say so, some courtesy would be fine. I would always say thank you loudly to them who walk away just to shame them.
Among donors there are types as well, the cheapskate, which gives only a rather small amount for the things they get in return, the normal types, which donate moderate amounts, and the very generous, who give like $50, and the kind ones which do not want anything in return. There was one pregnant lady who gave $50 in 5 $10 dollars notes.
I found out the best way to "attack" the people is target those with young children by enticing them with the bear. Apparently, according to 1 customer, the bears were sold out in paragon, and she had to come all the way here just to get a bear. I find that hard to believe a bit, since we only started yesterday.
My shift ended at 4, alvin came to take over, and I made my way hoem alone as brenda and ling ling stayed back to shop at metro. Got a bear for vivien before I left.
Bored to death at home, in truth, completed all my games, and the allure of replaying MZ2 is waning. Neil is bringing the playstation over on monday, which is good, finally some real games.
Need to set aside some time to do homework, before I forget everything and O-team devours my free time.
Life today (saturday) had an interview with anthony horowitz. Go read his alex rider series. Great stuff. ANd now I know he is mad. He actually climbed a crane just to research the starting of book 2, where alex uses a crane to fish up a boat with drug makers inside it, intending to drop it it he police compound. It hleps that he punctuates his books with great one-liners, like when the boat hook snapped and the boat dropped into the home minister's office, the person who found him in the crane's seat sputtered,"Do you have any idea what you just did?"
I love this punchline. The main character, alex just shrugged and said, "I was just working on the crime figures. And I figured there has been a drop."
Ok enough rambling. Contacts are killing my eyes. Will redo my blog soon, as the end has been reached already.
And yah, the issue over the concerts have to resolved...
The feeling in my eyes must be how dinobot felt when he blasted the golden disk in "code of hero", one of the best episodes in american animation which is sadly in very bad state now. Beaten to near destruction, he still summoned enough energy to blast the disc to pieces using his eye lasers, and thus sacrificing himself.
In my opinion he just went all the way just to go out ina blaze of glory to redeem himself for switching sides earlier in the season. In any case, it was a powerful episode, which unfortuantely many people do not watch. So far I only knwo that boon kwan, mogilan and DC have watched beast wars. Sad but true.
It is late, I shall now rest my pen, and continue the next time.
(Bad translation, Iknow)

No comments: