Sunday, November 02, 2003

Wet behind my ears

Saturday was a hectic day. Got chauffeured to RJ by dad to attend a 6 man training session. Did a little PT, sparred with amanda and steph. Hit the exact spot on her thigh where she has a bruise, or so she claims. The clock struck ten, they had to go for the metro briefing, which I gave a miss to head towards RI with albert.
Had an intellecutal discussion with albert on 156, then we reached RI and saw... no J1s. A bit peeved, I whiled the time away playing carom. My skills are so rusty that I will get lockjaw immediately if I cut myself with them. Mogilan and LaU eventually came, and we proceeded to the junior block for photo-taking. After some minutes of organising, we got the photos done and we broke for lunch.
Or so I thought. Tried to go columbarium (sp?) for lunch, only to be turned away by the security guard. So I had to settle for toasted bread, and a bandung drink which was dispensed with no straw. Had to cut a holew ith the den's scissors to drink it.
1330, the SU reassembled, and we trooped off to the swimming pool, which we had to share with the RJ polo people. We had the competitive events first, and I had the first swim in one and a half years. I realised that I do enjoy swimming after all. Let's not go there. My love-hate relationship with swimming needs a entry by itself.
Eagle won the competitive events eventually, and my swimming was rusty as well. Played polo after that, still love the game, but got tired very easily. Pulled my left calf, and had to pull out for a while. The irony was, after that 4 other J1s had cramp as well. The evils of promos have yet to be shakened off. Thanks to all the J1s who helped in making splish splash a sucess, the first activity I help organise sicne orientation. Thanks to aaron for being a great help in co-planning.
Mogilan and LaU were lubbing the SU in water rugby, so much so Brandon had red marks on his chest. Oh yah, the guys were admiring the lifeguard's 8 pack. And we took a "combined schools' swim team photo" LaU, I want a copy.
We cleared the pool at around 4, but by then the dark clouds were looming. After grabbing our stuff from the den, we headed for home, but the heavens opened and water poured forth. We were all drenched, the flimsy limited urmbrellas we had were no match for the tempest. I had chosen a convveinient time to forget to bring my urmbrella. At the traffic crossing, once the green man came on, i made a mad dash for shelter. Alvin, the King of Kings, walked slowly in the rain with no shelter at all, soaking himself totally. And he also killed his phone in the process, which he fortunately fixed it by drying it under a fan for 3 hours.
We sought shelter at S-11, and we tried our best to dry ourselves and ordered food and hot drinks. I had a hot horlicks, most of the rest ahd ban mian which i was tempted to have as well, but remembered there was food waiting for me at home. Sipped my horlicks, then I dialled home asking for a ride, but instead got an unsympathetic and sacrastic reply from mum about wanting to drive my rain gear over for me to go home in them. Oh well, I guess I deserve it.
The rain stopped in the end, brought my soggy self home and rested. Watched a bit of football, saw Forlan score a nice volley, before bringing the curtain down a very tiring day.
Sunday was reasonably relaxed, woke up slightly earlier, 9 ( i normally wake up at 1030 due to my late nights) Played Megaman Zero 2, it is living up to its bill of "the game u want to just stomp on" for its insane difficulty.
PW group came over, they tasted my mum's food, and we just went through the dry run stuff. They left as soon as they came, and I went to play a bit of halo and WC3.
Dinner was leftover lasagne from lunch, and after it had to work on presentation.
Thought of the weekend: If you organise something, try to keep your sanity. No use losing it when you will be needing it more later.
Looking forward to revolutions.
Everything that has a beginning has an end.

No comments: