Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Assuming an air of superiority and refusing to pander to the intellectually feeble

An interesting incident happened, but i decided to respect the privacy of the person writing it, but i shall talk about my opinions of it. My point I want to make is, RJ people are normal! At least most of them are, but that's for another post. I don't think we're superior or anything, I think we're a bit sheltered in fact. My time in RI and RJ has been a bit insulated at times, and the skateboarders incident is testimony to it. (go check the archives july 03 i think, pre-campfire period) I personally think that RJ people have loads to learn from other school people, those supposedly and wrongly deem as "intellectually inferior".
Well, I think RJ people can learn a few things about humility, social graces, and most of all street smartness from them.
And about RJ people being superior, that frankly, for a lack of a better word, is bullshit. We're just superior in terms of studies, maybe we can memorise more facts than normal and know how to regurgitate them when the time comes for the exams. In other areas I feel we can learn more and transcend further.
Confuscious said, "when 3 people walk together, at least one can teach me something." I agree wholeheartedly. Like esther taught me what are qulots (sp?), and crystal told me about hiflux etc. One should have his head too high up in the clouds to not realise that everyone can teach you something. You can't profess to know everything.
Argh, caffeine is messing up my system. It feels like my body wants to shut down but my mind doesn't want to. Or maybe the other way round. Can't really determine where
this swirly fatigued feeling is coming from. Swearing off coffee until the A's.
Mugging in school is quite ok, surprisingly. Monday's session in the council room was juxatoposed by various incidents happening in the council room, like J1s screaming, crashing around the very messy, worse than the den when patrols don't do den duty for a month dirty. Reminded me of a mini version of trash hills of phillipines. To any J1 counicllor who reads this, please do clear up. It's a reflection on you. If you can't keep your own room clean, who's going to trust you to handle more important stuff?
Tuesday mugged with ms 11 A1s, bombarded her with loads of questions, and throughout the 2 days was doing bio papers. They're fun to do, especially when HCJC comes up with this mammoth mcq question taking up a whole page. Found that there is wealth of stuff I read and forgot. Very encouraging. Stuff like Vagus veins, position of sino-atrial node and pseudomonas, how could i forget them, my favourite tut... i mean bacterium.
A funny thing is that the libarian would sound a bell like an ice man seller to signal the start of "happy" hour, it's 5 and it's time to mug elsewhere as the library is going to close.
Ok my body is really feeling weird, shall stop now. Hey, you cut me, I bleed. We all do.

No comments: