Sunday, September 12, 2004

Philogynist

Now to the normal stuff. Been a crazy week, where I was out of home more than I was in, school surprisingly is rather conducive for study, if you managed to snag a coveted seat in the library. Mugging with christelle is scary. She's so motivated that you get frightened into studying. No wonder she's a top student. Had a few consultation sessions, with ms lui and mr chan, ms lui was swarmed by her numerous students, so I only managed to squeeze a few questions in. Mr chan is really damm good, man if he was our bio teacher from the start maybe my bio wouldn't be so screwed up now. He's so analytical and explains the concepts well. Spent 2 hours with him going through assorted questions from the 2002 set of papers. He even said idiot once when he got led on a merry wild goose chase doing a genetics question. Of what may have been sigh. I bet his J1 classes want him back badly.
Thursday, went to RI with ed nick and jun seng, ate ban mian again, sans egg, washed down with s-11 ice lemon tea. Tried to some essay outlines, but I dieded midway as my contacts hurt damm badly, a combination of the lens being worn out and the mosquito coil smoke getting into my eyes. The power also went out of us in the den, forcing us outside. In the end, we got bored, started talking a bit crap, before breaking for dinner. Bet edwin that lin jun jie is from SAJC (and won as of today!). Had dinner at J8, then jimmy had to leave for his date with a HC girl.... at the tuition centre, leaving ed and I talking cock till about 8, before I went home. 8 as ed wanted to catch singapore idol on the bus.
Friday, woke up late thanks to a another weird dream. Dreamt that PM Lee gave up his post, and Nick of all people was the stand-in Pm for 2 months. Then it was time to vote for the new PM, and weirdly I was voted to be the next PM. Then all I can remember after that was I had to make a speech in 2 hours, during which i was looking for something, which I don't know. In the end, i woke up even before giving any speech, or finding what I was looking for. Uber-weird. Yet it felt damm real at one point. Unbelievable yet real. Another lucid dream.
Got up, played a bit of warcraft, ate lunch and wne tot be a errand boy. Got egg tarts for al as her birthday was yesterday (9/11), and passed the econs compliation to jane, thanks to ed blabbing. Settled down to do a bit of chem, then elft at about 6.
Saturday, ed and adrian came over to study, I picked up dark designs, wildman's art is bad compared to figueroa's. I think I'm too spoiled by Don's great artwork. Anyway adrian left at about 6 while ed and I had dinner at home, before we started to watch, out of curiosity the channel u talent show. Excuse me as I go wash my eyeballs and ears out with dettol again. I can assure you that feels better than watching them (supposed finalists) give listless performance after listless performance. Ok maybe not. Listless is far too kind. More like totally absymal. Gah.
Oh and are you a philogynist? I think I'm an electic one, at times the subjects in question irritate me, but nonetheless they are still engimatic and capricious creatures that are hard to fathom yet strangely appealing. Just my opinion, dont lynch me.
Prelims, here i come. Ready or not.

No comments: