Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Between the devil and the deep blue sea

I wonder which is a worst fate. Being with a person you do not love, or being unable to be with the person you love the most.
Either way, I'm sure one would feel really miserable.
Sheesh.
I wonder what would this world be without love.
No illogical decisions.
Just pure, mechanical, rational logic.
Everything would be simple, life would just be routine.
Interesting thought, ain't it?
A world without love.
The perfect dystopia.
To be ahead, you have to be ruthless, cunning, cold-hearted, ready to accept that the ends justify the means, and ultimately go against your innate goodness.
Like how a lawyer has to live with himself after he has helped a guilty person go free.
He can justify it by saying it is his job to do so.
I guess that is where I am aiming for.
A lawyer with malleable morals.
How strangely ironic.

No comments: