Friday, September 05, 2003

Just another day at the office, I guess

A fine day overall I guess. Our class were afflicted with the "last day of the term" madness, and I myself got affected.
The draggy chem practical converted to a tutorial was surprisingly tolerable, as I had got most of it correct and I didn't feel so lost as I normally do during chem tutorials. Ate 2 plates of the ghim moh ipon horfun for lunch. Sufficiency is lacking in most stalls these days. Sat in during a chinese lesson, found out that everyone really dies in chinese class, quite glad that I dropped. Not that I hate chinese, I love the language, but somehow 4 years of mugging the ci yu shou ce really killed my interest in it.
PE was soccer, the whole of our class against 3 PE teachers, and we still drew. Shows our ability. Played basketball again, but I played a stinker. Don't want to think about that.
Interesting thing that happened was the fact shiming challenged sharon to a bet of $10 to climb the vertical rope. After some coaching by me, she scaled the top and made a fool of shiming. It was really amusing to see shiming trying unsuccessfully to distract sharon as she neared the top as he saw that his $10 was flying away.
Random thought for the day. You can work like hell to help others, but if you do not take care of yourself, no one will take care of you. No one will protect your own interests, you have to do that yourself.

No comments: