Friday, July 25, 2003

And so it ends in your own hands

Someone I don't know died today.
She wasn't killed in an accident.
She took her own life.
My initial reaction was one of shock.
Then pity.
Pity of a waste of talent, of human potential.
This is my opinion on this.
Nothing, absolutely NOTHING should EVER make you want to take your own life. No problem in this world is not solvable, things will work eventually.
I can only imagine how her parents and friends are feeling now.
Please, if you have a problem, seek help. Don't ever entertain thoughts of suicide, it is just the coward's way out, running away from the problem. You are also being very selfish to your parents who love you, and friends as well.
If she had been killed in an accident I would have been really sad, but all I feel is just an immense sense of waste.

No comments: