Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Not enough happy endings to go around...

He watched her walk out of his life. Then he turned and followed the river, past the swans and off into the countryside. He didn't stop. Nor did he look back.

The ending to a book I read like 3 weeks ago. "Eagle Strike" by Anthony Horowitz. I had to wrestle with my brother to read it.
In any case, my first sentence does give off the stench of truth. Too often we are blinded by the media that there are enough happy endings for everyone in this world. Well, unless you live in disneyland, that is unlikely. (On a side note, even disneyland closes at night)
I am a realist. I know that an unhappy ending is more likely than a happy ending. The world is already pareto efficient (a case when no one can be made better off by making another person worse off), so I guess I will just wait my turn for happiness and something good to happen.
We are after all already producing at the margin. Unless technology improves, we cannot increase production...
Argh, too much econs mugging...

No comments: