Friday, June 20, 2003

D-Day

"Tommorrow I have nothing on, I can finally get a day's rest at home!" That was what I told my mum last night. Well, as usual, things do not go as planned...
First, received a phone call from nick telling me that I have to meet a certain teacher which I do not regard highly in RI, then we will have a GC meeting. I reluctantly agreed to come.
Thursday morning, received a msg from pam saying my script was rejected for being too intense and dark for dramafeste. I don't understand. It was dark, with characters that babble psychological nonsense that seems to make sense and, best of all I had the spastic boy! How can it not be a winner? (inside joke)
Rushed to school as my bro had to go for choir camp early in the morning, so I reached there at 8 and went to the scout den to study. Turns out some patrols were there, and they took the hi-fi set which I wanted to use. Anyway, tried to study DNA and nucleic acids, then eventually fell asleep. Not for long, as I half-awake I saw this grotesque mask over me, and I was totally freaked out. Fortuantely, it was just Alvin who scared me.
More people soon trickled in, and then Nick and I went to see the teacher. Turns out though, the teacher conveniently forgot of our meeting with her, and spent 5 mins on the phone attacking our idea of campfire. Oh well, like I said, I do not hold this teacher in high regard, so I wasn;t very surprise by her non-appearance. One should only respect those worth respecting. I make it a point to respect most teachers, unless they really prove to be inadequate ones.
Soon, everyone was here, and after some of them returned from meeting ms tan we started our meeting. In it, we finalised most of our stuff, but soon we got hungry and we went to S-11 at 1430. Lunch eaten, we went back to RI to build the 3-2-1 flagstaff. Quote alvin: "Building a 3-2-1 flagstaff is easy as 123."
Well, let's just say teh J1s did a great job building it. How long we took is irrelevant. We practised breaking the flag, and as usual the vlc people were talking about the keblakan puseng thing.
Finally we dragged ourselves out of RI. The others went to buy mahjong paper, I went to play Time Crisis 3.
I gave up after 2 tries, not even getting to the first stage boss. Then some middle-aged guy picked up the gun and started to play. He was wearing chunky slippers, ah pek style of t-shirt and had grey streaks in his hair. He was old enough to be father. Finding it curious that a person his age would play such a game, I watched him. In the end, I was staring slack-jawed at the screen as he beat teh game with only 1 credit, and losing only 1 life. He even purposely wasted his grenades, the most powerful weapon in the game, before finishing off the final boss. Then, when he completed the game, he just slammed the gun back into its resting slot and walked away.
Seriously, that was an eye-opener.
Went home after that, spent the last few hours doing questions for stupid quiz. Now it is 1 am, I need my beauty sleep.
Oh yah I will be away for a day camp for 4 days, just to let you guys know.

"01 Battlefield - Where Heroes Are Waiting To Be Crowned"

No comments: