Monday, June 09, 2003

My head tells me not to, but my heart is telling me the exact opposite, enticing me, preying on my weaknesses, escalating my hopes, throwing all logical reasoning out of the window. Such is the destructive power of a simple human emotion: Love.

One friend just saw the girl he liked all the while leave him for a faraway place.
Another is still struggling to tell her he likes her, for fear of rejection.
Another is still having feelings for someone he lost a long time ago.
Another confessed, and was rejected, now the two of them behave awkwardly in each other's presence.
Another is still trying to figure out his feelings for her.
Another is rueing lost opportunities.
Another is happily unattached on the outside, yet pines inside.
Another struggles to tell her he likes her as he feels he is not worth her.

So many incidences, all from different backgrounds, places, people, yet binded by a single emotion.
A computer can only think in binary, 1 and 0. We humans have the ability to have emotions, making us different from computers.
Me?
I was once struck by that same emotion, so strong that I missed the glaringly obvious truth right in front of me.
Now?
What does not kill me, will only make me stronger.
My head dictates all my actions now.

No comments: