Monday, June 16, 2003

I see them there, on stage, walking jubilantly on stage, beaming, knowing that they now are the new student leaders, the ones who would propel the school to greater heights, the ones who would play their part in making the school a better place. Armed with only their aspirations and ideals, they stand before the entire expectant student population, every one of them eager to start building their legacy.
I sit quietly below, staring intently at them.
Little did they know.
They can do what they have to do because of me.
They can go to sleep peacefully each night, because of me.
I fight an invisible war against your greatest nightmares.
I stare at their inhuman eyes all the time.
I hunt them down, kill them mercilessly, terminate them with extreme prejudice.
I am the only soldier in this unseen war.
I fight in the shadows, to allow all of you the bliss of ignorance.
I fight to allow you to tuck in your children at night and assure them that there is no bogeyman.
You never see me in action.
You'll never know what I do.
Never know my sacrifices.
My emotions.
My life.
I am a soldier.
I fight.
That is what I do.


The intro to my discarded fanfic. Just thought I put it here as a reminder that I finished only 2 chapters out of a planned 23...

No comments: