Wednesday, June 11, 2003

There is no spoon.

Update on the last few days.
Tuesday, studied a lot, which means like 4 hours or so. Then went to the beach for fencer's gathering. Took me a long tiem to get there, because adrian's instructions were rather confusing and I missed my stop on 135. When I got there, gladys was trying to ride a bike, rather unsuccessfully I must add. At 1 point there were 10 people helping her, then everyone left except for a few. In the end, after struggling with the bike for 2 hours, she gave up. The bike shop uncle kindly told her that she could come back tommorrow for free, this after he rather demoralised her by saying that 7 little kids he taught in the morning took only 1 hour to learn. Anyway, watching her try to balance was rather amusing, I must say.
Then they moved on to the beach, and I smelt something very fishy, therefore I kept away from the water. Suddenly, jan grabbed her foot and sat down, and gladys was shouting that she was bitten by a crab. Adrian and I were puzzled, as a crab technically doesn't bite, it merely snaps you with its pincers, therefore we walked slowly towards them. Then, the poor victim, whose name I shall withhold, was grabbed and tossed into the sea. That sparked off a crazy dunking frenzy, which only a few people, like YJ and myself escaped, YJ as he was smart and run fast enough, me because I was holding on to other people's belongings. Adrian got dunked, despite his (fake) protests that he had an appointment later etc.
The best part was when someone broke the key to the bicycle lock in the lock. So they had to grab a piler from the bike shop and cut the wire, zheng xian was so pissed off that he practically pulled the wires apart. While they were still cutting the lock, I pointed out that there was a rainbow. Julian, rather pissed off over his run of bad luck, said "with my luck, now there's a rainbow, 5 minutes later it will rain." Sure enough, once the wire was cut, it rained. Murphy's law at its finest.
Then accompanied adrian back to his damm posh home, in a cab. Saw his damm posh room, his 5.17 gb music collection, basically witnessed the lifestyle of the rich and famous. Then, adrian's dad gave me a lift to the bus stop, where I took 14 home.
Wednesday, tried to study, but failed badly as my right hand hurt like hell. I could feel a dull pain all the way down to my fingers, which made using a mouse hard. In the end dragged my pained arm to training, which was shorter than usual, as we had to go to balmoral plaza to collect my equipment. But it rained, so we delayed going to balmoral. In the end, we got there quite late, at 1845, but after letting the girls cut my queue I got my equipment.
I got my foil. My own foil, no need to beg from the other people now. Feel like poking my bedroom walls...

No comments: