Monday, June 23, 2003

Rebirth

AC Day 3
Late. Again.
My dad's car passed by the JB field and I saw the J1s walking back to the den. I got out and edwin and alvin told me they were going to buy stuff for the Amazing Game. They left and I went to the den.
After stoning in the den for a while, I went to the field with most of the J1s to watch the SU pitch their tents and tighten their gateways. We spent the time just talking cock and murugan and mogilan were shooting each other with the face masks used as a catapult on day 1.
Edwin and alvin soon came back, and my station was to make the patrol stand close to each other and balance a bowl of water on each of their heads. In the end it was just a all out splash fest, as soon of them could not even balance it properly as there was a sharp piece of plastic protruding out of the bottom. It was fun, but I was quite pissed that one patrol got my right shoe wet and I was so bored at one point that I wrote Dinobot's last words on a large leaf and almost fell asleep...
The conclusion of the amazing game was called "The Amazing Ala Carte" which required the patrol to eat all sorts of funny stuff, like red peppers, biscuits with wasabi, raw eggs, a lot of sour skittles, and the finale had all the PLs trying to finish as much of half a watermelon in one minute. It was just pure mayhem and great fun which I captured on my camera.
Lunch was Seng Kiat chicken rice (again!) After lunch was stupid quiz (again!) This time I felt it was better, and it was just hilarious to see some of the patrols act out the questions, like how Gladiator became Charlie's Angels...
After the quiz, Lau called for reinforcements, which required us to go to the supermarket and carry the stuff required for bbq. By now some of the former batchmates were already here, like kenneth, sporting his wavy new hairstyle but retaining his trademark devilish grin, weiming who looked more like a beng than a student (haha), dong hao who was wearing long pants for once, PK who looked more muscular and yet bulky. The only person I think who didn't change was daniel, who is still as cock as ever...
Came back to RI via climbing the wall next to the pole shed. Hope no one saw us. Then went to help the APLs defrost and marinate the food, had a good laugh listening to them complaining. Busied myself preparing for the bbq, then saw my shifu master ben lee come, therefore went to talk to him. He is still his cock best, but eventually had to stopped to help light fires. My skill of doing that has improved, thanks to the fact I had to do 2 fires prior to that day.
Didn't eat a lot, as I had to constantly teach the sec 1s the correct way of skewering chicken wings or some other stuff. Eventually, I was called away for a meeting on spooks. After a quick clean-up, the SU was led to the LT, and spooks started. My position was under a table in the circular area on the 3rd floor next to the science blocks. Mogilan was near me, and he took off his shirt to become nearly invisible in the darkness. In truth I was mored bored than scared, I spent most of the time smsing Crystal over the next day's meeting and Kim to alleviate some boredom. Some of the machams also broke the raffia, which we had to repair.
With spooks concluded, Edwin and I went to bathe in the swimming pool toilets. A baby cat was following us, I think it is due to the fact we smelt like food due to the bbq fumes. Edwin was doing his best to shake it off, and when we finally did, he named it huiling the cat after ehem... a certain incident involving brandon.
Totally exhausted, I opened the classroom and slept almost immediately... another day had bit the dust...

AC Day 4
Woke up, and realised I had slept on my right arm for the whole night, and my arm hurt. Dragged myself up, and stoned around before hitching cab with adrian to RJ, not before buying some breakfast at macs first.
Reached RJ, and saw nobody. Jolly, I thought. Waited for 15 mins, then went to defacate in one of the toilets. Came back and finally my contact was there. We discussed the script for dramafeste for an hour, then I left to meet adrian at macs, and we proceeded to return to RI by MRT.
The SU were having War Games, but I didn't join them. I stoned in the den for some time, before changing up to scout uniform for the only time this camp, and most of us went down for flag lowering.
After flag lowering, the STLs debriefed the SU, and with the announcement of the results and one final cheer, annual camp 2003 was concluded. I was rather disappointed that owl got only 4th, but still, it was a good attempt from them.
The J1s did some final clearing up, then we left to have lunch at J8.

At the end of the day, it was not whether the camp was held in RI or not, or whether we could only have one overnight, or whether things didn't go our way, or whether will we die for our common tests, or whether we could have done differently if SARS did not screw up our programmes. The past is gone. We, the GC of the year 2003, had created an unique set of memories through this camp. Nothing else more matters. Annual Camp 2003. We did it. Thanks to all.

No comments: