Sunday, June 01, 2003

There is only one thing that is constant in this world. You can't please everyone.

Sighz, it's Sunday night and I'm here typing again.
Woke up late on Saturday, saw that I had 1 new message on my phone. It was Edwin saying that he had a fever of 37.9 degrees and he is not coming for activity. That left myself, Adrian, Alvin, Fabian and Lau who was coming later at 11 to carry out the activity.
Although there was a shortage of people, in the end we managed to pull of the activity quite well. Fortunately Fabian came, or I would have killed him the next time I see him again. And for once, Owl won, how they did it I don't know...
After that Adrian and I went to RJ via 156 to be ushers for the parents-teacher meeting. It was quite sian, and Adrian left me behind to be Soon Kiat... Not too bad an experience, most of the parents were friendly. And the funny part was the persuasion tactics employed by the maintainence people to get rid of parents still talking to the teachers, they closed the doors to the hall and started turning off the lights. The parents left soon after. Very effective.
To sum up what Mrs Toh said to my parents:
1) Need to work harder, results not good despite having the potential
2) Too much on my plate (6 CCAs)
3) Need to exercise more tact and talk less

My response:
1) This I acknowledge, I have been very lazy this term, not putting in much effort...
2) 01 is my first priority, then fencing is for interest and fitness. Outlook is because of my desire for writing and my position, Faction is for the learning experience. The other 2, R(A) and AVU I am not too committed, R(A) all I do is just send in some stuff I write once in a while, I have never attended any of their meetings, AVU because Nick is the Chairman, I feel like giving him some face so I won;t quit. Yet. So in a nutshell, I believe I don't think I am overloading myself, and Adrian has a similar situation as me and he is coping well, so I can do so too.
3) This is something I really HAVE to work on... Must learn to shut up and talk less...

Sunday was just another day, damm pissed that my Niobe game is screwed...playing Ghost now... woke up damm late at 1030...did a lot of homework, then played ETM again... Stupid Agent Helicopter...
Next week is the last week of school, then holidays, then common test... the most trying times are coming, hope I can take it in my stride and become stronger.

Let me leave you with a quote by my "Boss".
"Life is just one big Omaha, you just have to find those bangalores."
Mogilan

No comments: