Tuesday, June 10, 2003

End of Evangelion: Episode 25 AIR/Love is destructive

Finally remembered where "love is destructive" comes from. Those who ever watched the above movie will agree why the title chosen is very apt, especially for the *ehem* hospital scene. EoE was disturbing, yet so very true. If you stripped away all the religious and technical stuff, the essential story is of a boy saddled with a great burden, a father that only treats him as a tool, the girl he likes is always putting him down, the other girl is enigmatic, and his guardian is no better than himself.
Love is destructive.
That is my opinion.
Maybe it is because I have never experienced it.
Maybe because I am cold-blooded.
Love is beautiful, no doubt.
But just as it is beautiful, it is destructive.
Why?
Love is like a rose. You only see the pretty flower and forget that if you want the flower, you need to go past the thorns.
Sighz, actually I don't know what am I typing...
Maybe the true reason why I think so is because love is dynamic, while work, studies are static. You work hard in those areas you will eventually succeed, but in love it may be like running against a brick wall...

No comments: